MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Through Someone Else's Eyes



On a horrid summer's day I secluded myself away
Only to be drawn out to the light by nature at play
A Butterfly sailed peacefully and made me envious
with its elegant dance entrancing the innocence in me.

The butterfly came fluttering carelessly
Came gently around me with the breeze
She sat on the smooth petals of a flower
Moved from one flower to another gracefully

When she drifted near me close enough to hear
I said I would love to fly with you
And sail away around, like you
It looks like so much fun

But alas! I don't have your graceful charms
Nor the beautiful wings, just these two arms
are all I have got, designed to walk around
My human feet must touch the ground

Then she spoke to me through her mind mysteriously
And told her wish

She said I would love to walk around all day
Just walk on God's Earth with you
To squish it's mud between the toes
And touch my nose with my fingers

I'd love just once to walk around
with human feet to touch the ground
But all I have is these wings
Nor the legs that swings and long arms with fingers

And we went our separate ways
In wonder and surprise
For we both have seen God's precious gift
through someone else's eyes.......
                                       -Vivedha

Inspired by a true incident.Some of the lines in the poem are from the poem that I read some time back..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment